Thursday, January 16, 2014

How to Make Homemade Green Goddess Salad Dressing

I like to make my own sauces, but I have not made many salad dressings.  I'm not sure why- it's easy and tasty!  I made a green goddess dressing this week to use up some leftover fresh thyme I had in my crisper, and the results were delicious.  It took me longer to photograph the process than it did to actually made it.  It can be whipped up in no time!


First, I assembled the ingredients.  Not pictured: ricotta (which I used instead of sour cream) and a few other herbs I threw in at the last second.


First I crushed the garlic.  This garlic press is one of my favorite kitchen tools. 


Add the fresh herbs.  This is thyme.


Add 1/2 of mayo and 1/2 of sour cream. I used ricotta because I needed to use some up, and it seemed to work just fine! 



Add the vinegar.

Whisk whisk whisk, and taste it.  I ended up adding a bit of salt, lots of pepper, some onion powder, and some all purpose Italian seasoning. 



Time to store it!  I found that this dressing got better as it sat. I whipped it up for dinner while I was making lunch, and the flavors had become more vivid by dinnertime.  I am storing ours in a jelly jar.  I often use funnels to put stuff into jars, as I am fairly klutzy.  It helps minimize the mess.


The finished product! 



No comments:

Post a Comment