Monday, February 10, 2014

iPhone Tips and Tricks: How to Make a Shortcut Phrase for Frequently Used Texts

I have an iPhone 4, and I LOVE it,  but I don't really know a lot of the tricks for it.  It is my first iPhone, and I got it for a song on eBay when the iPhone 5 came out.  (I'm always a step behind phone wise because I am rarely willing to pay full price for it, and my plan does not come with a "free" phone.)  

This pin had lots of tips.  My favorite is how to save texts to use with a shortcut phrase!  I love macros, Quick Parts, signatures, etc for work...how did I miss this feature for so long?

Here's how you do it.  



Step 1: Click on Settings.  Next, click on General Settings.  It will take you to the menu above.


Next, click on Keyboard.  It will bring you to this menu.  Click on Add New Shortcut


Type in your Phrase and add the Shortcut you want to use.  Make sure that your shortcut is easy to remember and short! I used ls to mena "Look! It's a shortcut!"


When you type in your Shortcut, it will pop up your shortcut phrase!  All you do is hit the spacebar and it will fill in your phrase.  


Ta-da!  Click send! 



No comments:

Post a Comment