Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My Walking Pharmacy: Purse Edition

I loved this post by Jen about her walking pharmacy!  She describes hers as stuff she'd duck into a pharmacy to buy if she was not carrying it with her.  I realized that I too have one, but it's not nearly as neat and together as hers, so that was today's project. I have no idea why I did not think of it before!  Here's my before and after.



My bag- the Pacsafe Luggage CitySafe 200 Gii.  I bought it for traveling, but I liked it so much that it's now my everyday bag.  It's plenty big, but not HUGE. I take an iPad mini to work everyday, so I love that it has a separate pocket for it. I also love the RFID blocking pocket and the anti-theft features.

What the "pharmacy stuff" I keep in my bag, all in a jumble:




1- Johnson baby wipes.  I started carrying these on a trip where clean water was not always accessible.  They were so handy that I now carry them all the time!

2- Tylenol and prescription migraine meds- I hate having headaches, and migraines render me useless.

3- cheapo ear buds- for my iPhone and/or my iPad mini.

4- reusable lint roller- I have a dog.  This helps me keep my "not covered in dog hair" professional look!

5- compact tampon- I like the compact ones for my purse.  They take up less room.

6- lip products (Cover Girl, Revlon, Clinique, Chapstick, and Carmex)

7, 8- Listerine breath strips, Tide2Go Pen

9- Business cards for my day job

10, 11, 12, 13- floss, a charger plug in thing, lotion in a tiny container, hairbrush.




My walking pharmacy bag- from Cabelas, which is similar to these.  I think something prettier would be nice, but I did not want to spend extra money and I had this already.


All the items fit with room to spare!


After the walking pharmacy makeover.  Much neater, and it will be nice to not have to rip my bag apart every single time I need a chapstick!  I'll have to do this to my getting through the day drawer at the office as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment