Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY Pepperoni Pizza Lunchable



A confession: I sort of love Lunchables.  Yes, I know they're filled with processed junk, all sugar and unpronounceable ingredients, and that they're for kids.  Still, they're a (now a not so) secret treat of mine.

Lots of parents are also concerned about the processed nature of Lunchables, and have kids who beg for them.  This is where the homemade one comes in!  I made the pizza version with pita bread, pepperoni, sauce, and cheese.


                                   

I cut the pita bread into wedges to make it more pizza like.  It also helped it fit into my divided lunch container.  The pizza wheel made it very easy to cut.


All that was left was to pack it in my container!  I put the cheese in a silicone muffin liner to keep it from making a mess, and put the pita wedges a ziplock bag.  A little bit of sauce in one of the dividers and pepperoni in the other completed the "lunchable."  It was a fun lunch to take, delicious, and a tiny bit healthier than buying the processed pre made one.









No comments:

Post a Comment